- GIGW Manual
- 04 Scope of Content
- 4.5 Minimum Content
4.5 Minimum Content
The homepage of a website is the primary entry page to the entire content of the website. It is important that the visitors to the site get to access the most important content elements from the Homepage itself.
Government websites MUST ensure the availability of the following minimum content elements on the Homepage. This is applicable not just to the websites of Departments but also to any Indian Government website, be it on a specific Project, Task Force, Committee or Service etc.
Minimum Content on the homepage of a Department
- Department Name (alternatively, the name of the Project, Service etc. as applicable).
- State emblem of India/Logo (as applicable).
- About the Department (including its main activities and functions).
- Link to all the major modules/sections of the site.
- Link to all the citizen services offered by the Department.
- Link to the ‘Contact Us’ page of the website.
- Link to the “Feedback” page.
- Link to National Portal.
- Search/Site Map.
- Terms and Conditions of Use.
4.5.2 Minimum Content on Subsequent Pages
Apart from the Homepage, the subsequent pages of the website MUST have the following minimum information, in addition to the main content.
- Self explanatory title of the page.
- Link to the Homepage.
- Link to the parent section/top module of the individual page.
- Ownership (name of the Department owning the website).
- Link to the “Contact Us” page.